Warmest places in spain in january: Winter in Spain – 5 Warmest Places to Visit in Spain
Spain in January: Best Places to visit in Spain during Winter
Want to find perfect year-round destinations?. Spain is one of them. Summer is sunny and hot, while Spain’s winter climate is mild and pleasant. Of course, the temperature varies greatly across the country, and you will find that there is a big difference between the north and the south! Whether you are interested in snow-capped mountains and cold days or mild temperatures and sunny days, winter in Spain is a good time to visit. Winter in Spain lasts from December to March. And, if you are planning to visit Spain in January 2022, you have made the right choice.
Eager to go on a fantastic budget holiday in Spain? Here is a list of the Best Places to visit in Spain during Winters and their special features.
The best places to visit in Spain in January 2022
Everyone likes to travel in Spain, but with a list of some truly unique destinations, the vacation becomes even more interesting. The sharp drop in prices is also a strong motivation for visiting Spain in winter, and airfares are much cheaper. You can find good flight deals if you make JetBlue Booking for visiting Spain in January 2022. Besides, you will easily find accommodation at discounted prices, and even attractions have reduced entrance fees. Enjoy the niche at many little-known sites, where you’ll see no crowds at all. Lets’ know where you can visit in Spain:
Seville- For an Exciting Winter Holiday
The capital city of Andalusia, Seville, is one of the Best places to visit in Spain during winters. Being Spain’s and even Europe’s warmest city, it has an average temperature range of 8 to 17 degrees Celsius. And visiting there post-Christmas to enjoy the new year vibes in January is an excellent option for vacationers. So, if you wish to escape the cold chilly weather, you can head over to Seville.
Besides, do not forget to visit the most picturesque square Plaza de Esparza in the city. Inside this square, there are beautiful bridges and ceramic tiles that seem magical to witness. Your one visit to this city will surely be priceless this winter.
Salamanca- To see the Golden one
Salamanca is nicknamed La Dorada for its charming sandstone buildings, which means “the golden,” These buildings usually exude golden and bright light. This is an excellent destination for young travelers seeking a difference. The University of Salamanca is the fourth oldest university in the world!
Besides, Thanks to this great university, its vibrant culture and nightlife can rival that of a big city. Salamanca has a rich history and heritage. For thousands of years, many cultures have spread here, affecting the customs and architecture of this city. The festivities and culture are so great, especially the seasonal cuisines, that’s why it is one of the Best Places to visit in Spain during Winters.
Logrono- For tasty cuisines
As one of the gastronomic capitals of Spain, Logrono is a beautiful town in La Rioja. It is the specific cultural and social center of the area. However, it retains the charming small-town atmosphere and historic buildings, in sharp contrast to its lively residents and what is happening. Logrono is a very strange city. Many Spaniards don’t even know about the location of this secluded city. If you have been looking for a place to have to most private vacay with no crowds, visit Logrono.
Moreover, this is listed as one of the best places to visit in Spain during winters that offer the country’s best wines and food. So, hurry up! Find a local hotel for a cozy stay and book it in advance to enjoy your January trip.
The Canary Islands- For some Beach Fun
The Canary Islands is one of the Best Places to visit in Spain during winters because of its beachy vibes. So far, known as one of the warmest places in Spain, the Canary Islands is the preliminary choice for vacations in winters. January is the peak month for winters, and if you can gift yourself some days of secluded fun, you are doing a great deed. You can swim at the beach or in an outdoor pool near your hotel.
There are plenty of interesting places to see and visit there which may captivate your mind. You might even urge yourself to stay there. Moreover, with JetBlue book a flight and find an exciting deal to fly to Spain. They will never disappoint you in terms of services. So, do not waste time anymore and make up your mind to fly to Spain in January 2022 for the best winter vacation of the coming year.
SPANISH BEACHES – THE WARMEST WINTER IN EUROPE — — MK spain
Europe is not usually the first choice for travelers looking for warm beaches in winter, but there are still some great options.
According to Holidu, breathtaking coastlines with clear water and white sand, which can finally be enjoyed in winter without the usual summer crowds of vacationers, can be found in several European countries at once.
Top 6 European beaches where it is warm even in winter:
1. Los Cristianos, Tenerife, Spain. When it comes to warm weather and beaches in Europe, Spain usually comes to mind first. The best and warmest beach in picturesque Tenerife, which is the largest of Spain’s Canary Islands, is Los Cristianos, with an average winter temperature of 20.6ºC and plenty of sunshine. There are other nearby beaches with very similar temperatures such as Adeje, Las Galletas, El Medano, Granadilla de Abona, Los Gigantes and Guia de Isora.
2. Gzira, Malta. The beautiful coastal town of Gzira has great swimming spots, restaurants, hotels, beautiful architecture and more – tourists can even go on a Game of Thrones tour. Near Il Gzira, travelers can also visit beaches like Stone Beach for great views, or enjoy the incredibly clear blue waters at Fon Ghadir Beach. The average winter temperature is 18ºC and the coldest month is February.
3. Syracuse, Sicily, Italy. When it comes to traveling to Europe, Italy is always the smart option. Now, with new high-speed trains connecting more cities, it is becoming easier for travelers to get around the country. When it comes to warm destinations, it’s certainly worth heading south. In Syracuse, travelers will find the most comfortable places on the Italian coast. This destination offers charming historic buildings, beautiful public beaches such as Oasi Gelsomineto with clear waters and fine sand, and good weather above 16ºC with sunny days.
4. Agios Nikolaos, Crete, Greece. Crete is perfect to visit all year round and there are unusual beach destinations such as Agios Nikolaos that are also great to visit in winter. This resort town has a beautiful lake, vibrant nightlife and great beaches such as Ammoudi B, Kitroplatia B, Ammos B and Gardoros B. This is the perfect place for those looking for a special combination of glamour, history and great beaches. The mild climate makes it especially pleasant in winter, with an average temperature of around 16.4ºC.
5. Luz, Algarve, Portugal. Those who take advantage of cheap winter tickets to Lisbon can travel a little further south and reach the picturesque Praia da Luz. This quaint fishing village has excellent beaches with calm and clear blue waters and sand, perfect for relaxing in December and January. This is the perfect place to enjoy ocean views, great sunsets and sundial. The average winter temperature in this place is 15.8ºC, and the local atmosphere is ideal for a calm and relaxing holiday.
6. Malaga, Spain. Malaga, another great winter resort in Spain, has everything you need for the perfect holiday. Although the average winter temperature is 16ºC, there are many winter days here when temperatures can rise above 20ºC. This charming coastal town is extremely popular in summer, but it also has a lot to offer in winter: the famous Playa la Malagueta, the Picasso Museum, stunning castles, gourmet restaurants and much more.
The most beautiful Christmas markets in Europe in 2023
Photo: Budapest Christmas Market (europeanbestdestinations. com/Advent Feast at the Basilica)
Christmas and New Year in Europe is the most festive time of the year. Travel portal European Best Destination named the best Christmas markets in 2023.
Rating, compiled according to the results of voting by readers from different countries, published on December 8th. TRAVEL RBC-Ukraine talks about the top 10 locations this year.
The Advent Basilica has been voted the best Christmas market in Europe for the third time.
From November 18 to January 1, 2023, 120 shops with crafts and gastronomic surprises, New Year’s performances will be presented in front of St. Stephen’s Basilica.
Photo: Crafts at the Budapest Fair (europeanbestdestinations.com/velvet.hu)
The Gdańsk Christmas Market is considered one of the most beautiful in Poland. The atmosphere is created by unique scenery: three wise men, angels and saints look from the Angel’s Mill high above. You can ride horses, the Venetian carousel or visit the Sagrada Familia.
During the fair from 18 to 23 December, the streets of the historic center of Gdańsk turn into a Christmas town: decorations, an extensive art program, food stalls.
Photo: Gdansk Fair (europeanbestdestinations.com/Visit Gdansk)
The fair features 120 stalls with unique gifts, decorations and treats. There are handicrafts, home decorations, natural cosmetics, warm winter accessories and spices to keep you warm.
The Romanian Christmas Market is ranked among the best in Europe for the first time. The municipality of Craiova organized various events, trade, ice rink, concerts, creative workshops, food stalls in four different places in the city. They are connected to each other by the illumination of more than a million LED lamps, making Craiova not only one of the best Christmas markets in Europe, but also the best place for Christmas lights in Romania.
Photo: Craiova Fair (europeanbestdestinations.com/Primaria)
Christmas houses with different characters from fairy tales are painted and originally carved by the most talented artists.
Locations will work from December 11 to January 8.
From 19 November to 26 December, Vienna’s most beautiful squares turn into colorful Christmas markets with the aroma of pastries and hot punch.
One of the most famous Christmas markets is the traditional “Viennese Advent Miracle”, which turns the Town Hall Square into a shining fairyland. Gifts, Christmas tree decorations, sweets and warming drinks are waiting for guests, as well as carousels and fun Christmas workshops for children. The trees in the surrounding City Hall Park are festively decorated and glow with a sea of lights.
Photo: Festive atmosphere in Vienna (europeanbestdestinations. com/Muellek)
Another festive location is in front of Schönbrunn Palace. There will be an atmospheric market with craft goods, handmade Christmas decorations, Christmas concerts and an extensive children’s program.
This location has become the fifth most beautiful location in Europe and the first in France. World famous for its illuminations, this Christmas market is traditional and authentic. The hospitable city of Montbéliard from November 26 to December 24 turns into a real fairy tale.
During Advent, Montbéliard arranges an unprecedented Christmas market with 140 shops. Visitors can taste local delicacies, admire the variety of arts and crafts, and dance to the music of choral songs.
Photo: Holiday in Montbéliard (europeanbestdestinations.com/Max Coquard BestJobers)
The Essen International Christmas Market is the best in Germany. From November 12 to December 23, one of the largest and most beautiful markets in the country awaits guests.
The Christmas market stretches throughout the city center – from square to square. The centerpiece is the Kennedyplatz. Here you can safely stroll through the stalls under the flickering grid of lights and be inspired by the variety of goods. Traders come from about 190 countries around the world.
Photo: Essen Fair (europeanbestdestinations.com/Visit Essen)
Valkenburg, The Netherlands
Rumor has it that Santa actually came from Valkenburg. This city in the southern part of the Netherlands turns into the “Christmas City of Valkenburg” from November 18 to January 8. In this, Valkenburg can call itself the European capital of Christmas.
In this place, the atmosphere is created by festive illumination, and beautifully decorated Christmas trees, as well as all kinds of entertainment and treats.
Photo: Holiday in Valkenburg (europeanbestdestinations.com/Valkenburg)
Madeira and Porto Santo, two islands of rare beauty, fascinate in the scenery for the celebration of Christmas and New Year. The fair runs from December 1 to January 8.
The traditions of this island, the climate, the local gastronomy and the main events of this holiday will surprise you. The Portuguese island of Madeira celebrates the arrival of Christmas to the fullest with a traditional Christmas market held on the central streets of Avenida Arriaga in the heart of the capital, Funchal.
Photo: Christmas in Madeira (europeanbestdestinations.com/Visit Madeira)
The Municipal Garden of Funchal offers the opportunity to admire Christmas decorations, a place that invites little ones to discover nooks and crannies while playing and having fun in this Christmas setting.
Govone can proudly be called the most beautiful Christmas market in Italy. This event is the most important Christmas event in the country.
The action takes place from 12 November to 19 December in the small village of Govone, in the hills of Lange Roero, Piedmont’s UNESCO World Heritage wine region. In winter, the whole village of Govone turns into a kingdom of Santa Claus, with many cultural and gastronomic attractions.
There is a wonderful Christmas market here, where artisans are selected from all over Italy. A unique experience will be the musical show of Santa Claus, which takes place every day in the Savoyard royal castle of Govone.
Photo: Gowon Fair (europeanbestdestinations.com/magicopaesedinatale.com)
Antiques, Art and Collectibles Fair returns to Madrid this year with over 12,000 exhibits.