Hot places in march in europe: Hottest places in Spain in March
Best places to visit in March in the USA, Europe and beyond |
(Image credit: Getty)
The best places to visit in March range from exciting and dynamic capital cities, to tiny islands and unexpected ski destinations, but all of them provide the opportunity to either embrace or escape the last frigid days of winter.
With warmer weather, longer days and smaller crowds, traveling in March has many perks and these destinations cater to every type of traveler. Whether you’re after active outdoor adventurers or planning a relaxing beach break, our list of vacation ideas for March include some of the best places to visit in Europe, island escapes home to a collection of the world’s most beautiful hotels and winter snow holidays that will make the most of the cold weather in the Northern Hemisphere.
Travel restrictions can change without notice during these uncertain times, so remember to stay on top of guidelines before you embark on your trip.
Best places to visit in March in the USA
New Orleans, Louisiana
Jackson Square in New Orleans.
(Image credit: Getty Images)
Fondly nicknamed the Big Easy, New Orleans is rife with colourful parades, lively costume parties, and elaborate floats every March for Mardi Gras. Falling on Tuesday March 1 this year, expect partygoers to descend upon Bourbon Street to embrace the festive spirit, and those in the know to dress in purple, green, and gold, and tout a large bag with them to carry all the beads they collect from the festivities.
Even if you visit New Orleans outside of Mardi Gras you’ll still be able to enjoy the city’s round-the-clock nightlife, vibrant live music scene, and dynamic culinary landscape, which seamlessly blends flavours from French, African, and American cultures.
For some much-needed rest and relaxation, head to City Park, the city’s beloved green space, and peruse the exhibits at the New Orleans Museum of Art. Stroll the park’s manicured lawns, or cozy up for a coffee at one of its cafes. Then join a swamp tour and search for gators in the wild on a flat-bottomed boat outside the city.
Top tip: Don’t miss out on the fine dining restaurants, eclectic boutiques, and casual cafes on Magazine Street in the charming Garden District.
See the latest official tourism advice for the USA here .
2. Savannah, Georgia
Canopy of oak trees at Forsyth Park.
(Image credit: Getty Images)
March is the perfect time to visit Georgia’s oldest city, as it’s a time that’s ripe with festivals. Aside from the Savannah Music Festival, St. Patrick’s Day is one of Savannah’s biggest events, and its celebrations often spill into the days before and after St. Patrick’s, which falls on March 17 every year.
This coastal Georgian city also comes to life in March by way of its colourful azalea blooms, which can be admired at the city’s favourite green space of Forsyth Park. The pleasant March temperatures make this an ideal time for strolls beneath the park’s shady oak trees, and for enjoying picnics at the city’s other manicured parks.
The horse-drawn carriages that regularly make their way around Savannah and the antebellum architecture give this destination its southern charm.
Top tip: Savannah is a pedestrian-friendly city. With 22 squares and parks, be sure to pack you best walking shoes.
See the latest official tourism advice for the USA here .
3. Lake Tahoe, California
Take in the view of Lake Tahoe from above at one of the area’s ski resorts.
(Image credit: Getty Images)
While most other ski resorts in the northern hemisphere are closing for the season, Lake Tahoe is still eagerly welcoming skiers and snowboarders in March.
Over a dozen ski resorts are scattered across the area, and this is when locals and frequent visitors hope for Miracle March, a month usually known for its record levels of snowfall in Lake Tahoe.
With fresh powder, longer days, and the highest amount of open terrain, Lake Tahoe presents optimal spring skiing conditions. Plus, with the absence of winter crowds, this is the time to visit if you want more space for yourself.
Top tip: If you’re uncomfortable with the idea of driving in the snow, take advantage of the region’s network of public transport and shuttles, which will take you to the most popular resorts around.
See the latest official tourism advice for the USA here .
Best places to visit in March in Europe
4. Dublin, Ireland
Cross the Half Penny Bridge at sunset for dramatic views and picture opportunities.
(Image credit: Getty Images)
The Republic of Ireland capital Dublin is buzzing with energy in March, as locals and visitors gear up to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in honour of the country’s patron saint.
Throughout Dublin, there are a plethora of parties and pub crawls, and colourful floats glide down the main streets of the city in a massive parade. The rhythmic tunes of fiddles and flutes can be heard throughout, as traditional folk music permeates the air.
For more low key celebrations, head to the outskirts of the city and make time to see the verdant countryside and its natural wonders. The iconic Cliffs of Moher are a must for your itinerary.
Top tip: St. Patrick’s Day is a national holiday, so plan accordingly for closures of shops and supermarkets and make sure to book your accommodation in advance.
See the latest official tourism advice for Ireland here .
5. The Canary Islands
The golden beaches of Tenerife attract sun-seekers from Europe throughout the spring.
(Image credit: Getty Images)
Seven golden islands make up the Spanish archipelago of the Canary Islands off the coast of North Africa in the Atlantic Ocean. Warm temperatures throughout the year make this destination one of the best places to visit in January and February as well as March. However, March brings longer and sunnier days without the roving peak season tourists, making this a prime time to come here if you’re after beaches with fewer crowds.
A trip to the Canary Islands is just as much about the long, wide beaches and verdant golf courses on Gran Canaria, Tenerife and Lanzarote as it is about outdoor exploration. The Canary Islands boast four National Parks across the seven islands, and outdoor adventurers can hike the world’s third-largest volcano on Tenerife or enjoy camel rides across the volcanic landscape at Timanfaya National Park on Lanzarote.
Other than devoted sunbathers, these islands also attract avid surfers, wind-surfers and kite surfers who take advantage of the good wind conditions at this time of year.
Top tip: Go wine tasting on Lanzarote, where the region’s grapes are grown in black volcanic ash.
See the latest official tourism advice for the Canary Islands here .
6. Antwerp, Belgium
Antwerp’s charming Grote Markt is a must-visit whilst you’re in the city.
(Image credit: Getty Images)
Often overlooked in favour of the fairytale towns of Ghent and Bruges, Antwerp deserves a place on your list of places to visit in March. This port city on the River Scheldt is easily explored on foot and makes for a great destination for chocolate lovers in March when the city celebrates Chocolate Week every year.
Grab a Chocolate Pass from any of the city’s participating chocolatiers or the tourist office and set out on a delicious walking route, stopping in at shops to sample their creations along the way.
In between tasty treats, see the sights of this easily walkable city. Stroll by 17th-century Rubens House, enjoy live jazzy beats at Café De Muze and admire the Flemish Renaissance architecture of Grote Markt, Antwerp’s charming central square.
Top tip: With over 1,800 jewelry stores, Antwerp is regarded as one of the diamond capitals of the world and a popular destination to purchase engagement rings.
See the latest official tourism travel advice for Belgium here .
Best places to visit in March across the rest of the world
7. Galápagos Islands
The Galápagos Islands are a bucket list destination and one of the best places in the world to see wildlife.
(Image credit: Getty Images)
This volcanic archipelago in the Pacific Ocean is comprised of 127 isolated islands and islets, characterized by untamed terrain, shimmering blue waters, and fine white sand beaches. Situated some 1000 km west of mainland Ecuador, the Galápagos are rife with wildlife viewing opportunities and attract those looking for wild encounters throughout the year.
But time your visit for March and you may be lucky enough to witness marine iguanas nesting on Fernandina Island, and waved albatrosses returning to Española Island after their months-long winter migration.
Island hop between Santa Cruz, San Cristóbal, and Isabela Islands, and observe giant tortoises, waddling short-feathered penguins, and splashing baby sea lions play along the beaches as you follow in the footsteps of Charles Darwin.
Top tip: March falls under the wet season, so bring appropriate clothing. For a dryer time to visit, the Galápagos are hot in November and also one of the best places to visit in December, too.
See the latest official tourism advice for Ecuador here .
8. Kathmandu, Nepal
Kathmandu is a great place to plan an amazing hike in the Himalayas.
(Image credit: Getty Images)
Nestled in a valley surrounded by the lofty Himalayan peaks, Nepal’s capital welcomes devout Hindus and festival-goers to the city in the month of March to celebrate Holi, the Festival of Colours.
Holi generally lasts for a week, but the main festivities occur during the first three days, with the third being an explosion of colour. Holi honours the arrival of spring, and observers roam the streets pelting coloured powder and water at each other. Head to Kathmandu’s Durbar Square, where the celebrations are most lively.
One of the best places to travel in 2022, Nepal is a Mecca for keen hikers with the famous Everest Base Camp and Annapurna treks both accessible at this time of year. Kathmandu is the city where everyone starts and finishes their journey, with the country’s main international airport located here.
Outside of Holi, there is still lots to see in the city itself while you plan which trek to undertake. Wander the old city’s mazelike alleys, bargain for pashmina and singing bowls in Thamel, and bask in serenity at the Garden of Dreams.
Top tip: Because the cow is considered a sacred animal by Hindus, many eat buffalo instead, which appears as “buff” on many menus across Nepal.
See the latest official tourism advice for Nepal here .
Aerial view of the blue waters against an even bluer sky.
(Image credit: Getty Images)
An archipelagic nation comprised of 1,190 dreamy islands and islets in the turquoise Indian Ocean, the Maldives are a great place to escape the last of the frigid winter days. With balmy 30º C days and clear blue skies, this is a blissful time to lounge in a private beach cabana or relax by one of the many luxury resort’s amazing swimming pools. Plus, visibility for underwater pursuits is exceptional and March is an ideal time to spot manta rays and sharks.
Though tempting to spend your time lounging at the resorts, the Maldives has lots to offer away from the pool too, with dolphin watching and island hopping tours on offer, as well as night-snorkeling and underwater walking.
Top tip: March is nearing the end of the best time to visit the Maldives, when the weather is dry and warm but the winter sun crowds have thinned. The islands are also one of the best places to visit in April, as prices are lower and you’ll get a better deal on your holiday.
See the latest official tourism advice for the Maldives here .
Vivian is a Vancouver-based freelance writer who has worked for Culture Trip and Fodor’s Travel as well as Woman&Home. She covers a wide range of topics, ranging from travel and outdoor adventure, to food and mental health and wellness. She’s a curious wanderer with a thirst for adventure, and when she’s not writing, can likely be found lazing by a lake, hiking the forested trails of beautiful British Columbia, or on a mission for the next best donut.
This Awesome Map Summarizes the Best Time to Visit Every Country in the World – Scarlet Scribbles
Every destination has its season. Bad weather, monsoon, hurricanes, searing hot and freezing cold days can ruin a vacation. But worry no more, you can now use this cheat sheet for a hassle-free vacation.
This map is intended for a quick reference to decide which country you can go next, bearing in mind the climate in its key attractions. Micro-climate in different parts of each country may have variations.
Love this article? Check out the ultimate Trip Planning resource.
Follow on Facebook for more travel inspirations, planning tips and resources.
(Norway, Iceland, Sweden, Finland, Denmark including Greenland & Faroe Islands)
- October-March: Northern Lights visible in some parts of Nordic
- June-August: Good for summer activities and cruising the Arctic
Also Read: Your Complete Guide to Northern Lights: Where, When, How
Here are some excellent Northern Lights tour in Iceland, Finland and Norway.
2. Europe & Russia
(Greece, Croatia, Malta, Italy, Portugal, Spain, France, United Kingdom, Ireland, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Poland, Albania, Russia, Ukraine, Slovakia, Slovenia, Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Moldova)
- April-June: Pleasant spring temperature
- September-October: Cool temperature and autumn colours
- May-September: Best for sightseeing and hiking in the Alps
- December-March: For ski enthusiasts
- Late November-December: If you love Christmas markets
Also Read: 31 Days, 11 Countries, 43 Cities: How to Travel Europe + Scandinavia for S$4.8K / €3K
One of the easiest way to explore Europe attractions is to jump onboard hop-on-hop-off buses. Check out the bus passes for Paris, Rome, Barcelona and Amsterdam.
Central Asia & Caucasus
(Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan including Chinese Xinjiang)
- April-June/September-October: Neither too hot nor too cold (except Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan)
- June-September: Sightseeing and hiking in the mountains; best time to visit Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan
Also Read: 10 Days Caucasus Itinerary: Linking Asia & Europe
4. East Asia
(China, Japan, South Korea, North Korea, Mongolia including Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau)
- March-May: Pleasant spring and cherry blossom seasons
- September-October: Cool autumn with burst of colours
- October-March: Best time to visit Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau to avoid the monsoon season
- June-September: The only time Mongolia is warm enough to visit
- December-February: For skiing or visiting Hokkaido and Harbin
Also Read: The Ultimate Guide to Japanese Cherry Blossom: When & Where
Train passes make it easy to explore East Asia. We recommend JR Pass for Japan, KR Pass for Korea and 5D Train Pass for Taiwan.
Special Promotion: $36 Off Spring in Japan Tours (valid til 30 April 2018 for Singaporeans).
5. South East Asia
(Area 1: Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Philippines)
(Area 2: Singapore, Brunei, Malaysia, Indonesia, East Timor)
- November-February: Dry and cool weather in Area 1 + Malaysian West Coast (Langkawi, Penang, Pangkor) + Eastern Indonesia (Maluku, Papua).
- June-September: Dry season in Area 2, except Malaysian West Coast and Eastern Indonesia.
Also Read: 10 Holiday Ideas for 2018 Singapore Long Weekends
Travelling to Southeast Asia? Make sure you pick up WiFi to ensure you’re always connected whether you are in Bangkok, Bali or Hanoi,
(Australia, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu, Samoa, Kiribati, Tonga, Federated States of Micronesia, Palau, Marshall Islands, Tuvalu, Nauru)
- September-March: Dry summer in New Zealand
- March-April/September-November: Mild temperature in Australia
- May-August: Exception for some parts of Northern and Western Australia, where the temperature is much cooler than usual (Uluru and Kakadu) or the tidal current is gentler (Greet Barrier Reef)
- June-September: Dry, sunny days in Papua New Guinea and the South Pacific Islands
- October-December: For red crab migration in Christmas Islands, click here for the spawning dates
Also Read: 2 Weeks in New Zealand for $2. 7K? You Must Be Joking!
Get an unlimited attraction pass for Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast, and Tasmania.
7. South Asia
(India, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Bhutan, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh including Tibet)
- December-February: Dry and cool for sightseeing in most places
- February-March/June-August: Exception for dry season in Northern and Eastern part of Sri Lanka (e.g. the Cultural Triangle)
- March-April/October-November: Best time for trekking the Himalayas in Bhutan and Nepal
- May-October: Best time to visit the mountains of Tibet, Northern Pakistan and Northern India (although July-September may get a little rainy in some parts of Northern India)
Also Read: 40 Countries to Visit Next [Travel Bucket List Ideas]
Here are some interesting tours: fly over the Everest from Kathmandu, visit one of the world’s happiest country in Bhutan, walk through the romantic pink city of Jaipur.
8. Middle East & North Africa
(Area 1: Iran, Turkey, Cyprus, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan, Iraq, Syria, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia including Palestinian Territories)
(Area 2: Egypt, Libya, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Oman, Yemen)
(Area 3: Mali, Sudan, Chad, Mauritania, Djibouti, Niger, Somalia)
- November-February: Weather is not as hot as usual (Area 2) and it’s the best time to hit the desert (overall)
- December-January: Due to extreme desert temperature and possible sandstorm, the window period to visit Area 3 is even shorter
- March-May/October-November: Exceptions for Area 1 where you may want to dip into a warmer Mediterranean shores or some areas (e.g. Northern Iran/Eastern Turkey) where winter can get really cold
Also Read: 16 Days, 25 Places, 1 Country: The Ultimate Morocco Itinerary
Get an unlimited Dubai attraction pass or float in the Dead Sea!
Southern & East Africa
(Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Namibia, Madagascar, Angola, Swaziland, Lesotho, Mozambique, Malawi, Congo, DRC, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Gabon, Mauritius, Seychelles, Comoros including Zanzibar and Réunion Island)
- June-September: Dry winter season means wildlife can be spotted more easily and rain-free beaches
- March-May/October-November: Exception for chimpanzee trekking activities, which can be spotted more easily during the rainier times
- June-November: For whale-watching in South Africa
- October-December/March-April: Exception for Lesotho and South Africa’s Garden Route, which is less rainy during this period
- March-May: Exception if you would like to see Victoria Falls in its maximum glory
- November-March: Rainy green season gives way to lush African landscape, arrival of migratory birds and young baby animals with less crowd
- October-May: Exception for Ethiopia where cultural attractions take priority over wildlife
- November-December: If Ethiopia’s Danakil Depression is a draw
Also Read: 10 Reasons Why Tanzania is Perfect for First-Time Safari
(Nigeria, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leonne, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Benin, Togo, Liberia, Cape Verde, São Tomé and Príncipe)
- November-February: Dry weather gives way to less muddy road when commuting in this part of the world; some of the more arid areas are also more pleasant with cooler temperature
Also Read: The Beggars Dilemma: Does Giving Perpetuate More Harm than Good?
11. North America
(Canada, United States including Alaska and Hawaii)
- May-October: National Park activities are in full swing
- June-August: For cruising and activities in Alaska
- May-June/September-October: For cities or general sightseeing outside the National Parks (including Hawaii), spring and autumn is neither too hot nor cold
- November-January: For surfers, this is the best time to visit Hawaii
- November-May: If whale-watching is a draw in Hawaii
Also Read: 8 Travel Resolutions for 2018
DIY-ing a trip to USA? You can get a value-for-money attraction pass for New York, Los Angeles or San Francisco.
12. Central America & Caribbean
(Mexico, Guatemala, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Honduras, Costa Rica, Belize, Cuba, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Haiti, Bahamas, Saint Lucia, Grenada, Antigua and Barbuda, Saint Kitts and Nevis including oversea territories of US, UK, France and Netherlands)
- December-April: Less rain and chance of hurricanes
Also Read: 1 Year, 11 Trips: My 2017 Travel in Review
(Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay)
- June-September: Weather is cool and dry in most places
- December-March: Exception for Colombia and Venezuela, which climate is more comparable to Central America
- July-August: Rainy in Venezuela, but good for more voluminous Angel Falls
- December-May: May be rainy in Galapagos Islands, but the waters is warmer and calmer so more suitable for marine wildlife sighting
Also Read: 50 Places Indonesian Passport Holders Can Travel to Without Visa Hassle
Brazil & Guianas
(Brazil, Guyana, Suriname including French Guiana)
- July-October: Generally less rain in most places
- January-June: Except Brazil’s northeastern coast cities
Also Read: Best Places to Visit for a Sabbatical Break
15. Southern Cone
(Argentina, Chile, Uruguay)
- November-March: Pleasant, dry summer
Also Read: What Nobody Tells You About Taking a Sabbatical Break
(including Antarctica and Falkland Islands)
- December-February: The only time the frozen continent is accessible
Also Read: 8 New Travel Destinations to Visit in 2018
Love this article? Check out the ultimate Trip Planning resource.
If you find this guide useful, spread the words and share it with your friends. 🙂
Follow on Facebook for more travel inspirations, planning tips and resources.
90,000 where to go in March without a visa: List of Rest countries
- 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 9000 Costa Rica
- Instead of a conclusion
Reading time: 13 minutes
Any experienced traveler will confirm that it is especially good in March abroad! Well, if you are lucky enough to be where it is warm and cheap, then you will double the benefits of a March holiday. As a rule, March is not the most popular season for tourists. Therefore, travel agencies, hotels and airlines willingly offer vacations at a discount. At that time, you can easily get to the sea without visas in the midst of the spring holidays.
Yes, we recommend that you pay attention to the list of visa-free countries, since such a trip is easier to plan. You can go on vacation even if you didn’t plan to, because you don’t have to spend time and effort preparing visas. And in general, such a trip is many times more budgetary than traveling to visa countries.
In this article we will tell you where to relax in March with any budget and where to go to the sea in March if you longed for the sun and tan during the winter. We list the most interesting and popular destinations.
Where to go in March inexpensively, but so that there is a clean beach, good weather, and excellent service? Thailand comes to mind first! March is the perfect month to take a break. There are no tropical showers, and the sun is not yet hot enough to hide from it under a beach umbrella. We especially recommend a beach holiday in Phuket. The water there is warm enough, the service is excellent, the hotels are inexpensive.
Well, if you want real heat, then go to Koh Samui. This is the hottest point in Thailand.
Thailand has a lot to offer besides beaches and food. The country is very distinctive, with its own unique culture and history. In March, there are many colorful national holidays that are worth visiting to get new experiences. Financial investments will be minimal, since housing and food are inexpensive.
Where can you go if Thailand is boring, but finances sing romances? Travel to Vietnam! March is not the best period for a trip, but if you choose the right resort, you can enjoy an inexpensive and comfortable vacation.
If you are interested in a beach holiday, then head to the southern part of the country (or, in extreme cases, to the central one). It is already quite hot in Nha Trang in March, so you can get a great tan.
In addition to beach holidays, tourists from the southern part of Vietnam can visit various festivals and get acquainted with local architecture, in particular with Buddhist temples. Even if you are far from the culture of the East and are not at all interested in religions, local temples will surprise you with their beauty.
Well, if you can’t stand the heat and want to enjoy the local color, then come to the north of Vietnam. In March, it is about 20 degrees Celsius here, with short-term light rains. You can go around all the sights, including natural ones.
In March, housing and food prices are noticeably lower than in summer. Travel agencies willingly offer tours to Vietnam for quite modest money.
Where to go on vacation in March without visas, if the budget is far from small and you want to get a really high-quality service? You can fly to the famous Maldives! March is the perfect time to travel. You will be greeted by white sandy beaches, turquoise water, palm trees and great weather.
In March, the temperature in the Maldives is stable around 30 degrees during the day and 25 degrees at night. The water temperature rarely drops below 28 degrees. Just what you need after a long cold winter! The water is calm, without high waves and storms. You can go on a trip with the whole family and get real pleasure from the warm climate.
The Maldives has many beautiful natural phenomena and plants that will surprise you on your first trip. You have probably heard about the famous coral reefs that fascinate every traveler who comes to the Maldives. You can plan a trip to any part of the Maldives. Everywhere there will be a great climate and quality service.
You need to understand that the Maldives is far from a budget holiday. Now prices have decreased somewhat compared to previous years, but such a trip is still more expensive than a holiday in Thailand or Vietnam.
You have already been to Thailand, Vietnam is not impressive, and the Maldives is too expensive? It’s time to remember the most favorite tourist destination among our compatriots. Yes, we are talking about Turkey. In recent years, holidays in this country have become so cheap that it seems as if everyone has already been there. And more than once.
Holiday prices in Turkey are really low, especially in March. This is due to the local climate. If you are planning a beach holiday in early March, you risk not getting what you want. At this time, winds and rains are still not uncommon in Turkey. And the sea has not warmed up at all, but it can turn out to be cold.
However, at the end of the month the climate changes noticeably. The water becomes warm, the sun allows you to sunbathe, and in general the resorts come to life. Such a holiday is not much different from a trip to Turkey in the summer. Except for the air temperature. March is not so hot, so you can stay outside longer.
Well, if you still want to go to the sea in March without visas and are planning a trip at the beginning of the month, you can choose a more or less decent hotel with a good pool where you can swim. You can also enjoy walks on the water on local yachts and boats. Fishing is especially good at this time of the year.
See also: Where can a Russian go to the sea without a visa?
Another advantage of a trip at the beginning of the month is the great weather for long walks. There is no sweltering heat from which you want to hide in the room. You can get around all the local attractions, and there are many of them. Turkey has a rich culture and historical heritage. There is something to see here.
Prices for March tours in March without a visa will surprise you. Since the weather is not the hottest, the cost of the tour is comparable to a standard last minute tour. Now you know where to go at the end of March without big expenses.
Where can you fly in March without a visa, if not to Turkey? Egypt comes to mind. The same popular country among our compatriots as Turkey. Egypt won the Russian tourist with its loyal prices and excellent beach holidays.
March is a great time to visit Egypt. The weather is moderately hot, in contrast to summer, when the sun is so scorching that some people do not leave the hotel. In March, there are no many unpleasant phenomena that occur in Egypt in the summer: heavy air, dust, strong winds and stuffiness. In a word, March is the best time to relax in Egypt if, in addition to the beach, you are interested in local culture and attractions.
However, we recommend choosing an air-conditioned hotel as the air can get very hot. The standard air temperature in March will be around 25 degrees.
Where to fly for a week if the budget is average and you want warmth? Pay attention to Sri Lanka. This is a good choice, but it must be done wisely. In March, Sri Lanka has a rather changeable climate. You can unknowingly choose a region in which it will rain throughout the rest.
We recommend choosing the northern resorts, no matter how strange it may sound. It is in the north of Sri Lanka that in March the air temperature reaches 30 degrees! The water has time to warm up well, and you will not be disturbed by tropical showers.
You can also go to the southern part of the country, but it is not the most comfortable. In March, it is consistently hot in the south, the humidity is high. At the same time, the water is not the cleanest due to the many algae, the waves are large, and in general, the rest is not very comfortable. But diving will be a hassle in any part of Sri Lanka if you go on vacation in March.
In addition to a beach holiday, tourists are offered many different excursions. There are national holidays and festivals. But you must understand that Sri Lanka is not the cheapest destination. There are a lot of tourists here in March, so housing and food are not cheap.
Well, where else can you go in March if there are no visas, and typical tropics are not at all impressive? Mexico is one of the most interesting countries in March! There is no scorching sun and heat here, despite the average temperature of 30 degrees. But there is warm water and clean beaches! March is one of the best months to visit Mexico.
The climate is very comfortable. No wind, high humidity and hurricanes. It’s neither hot nor cold outside. The water temperature is about 27 degrees. The water is calm, without big waves and storms. This is the most comfortable time for a family vacation.
In addition to the beaches, you can visit various places of interest. Including the famous remains of ancient Mayan cities. Tourists are offered various excursions for every taste and budget. Accommodation and meals are not the most budgetary, but not the most expensive either.
We are not going anywhere from a holiday in March without Bali. Recently, this island has conquered many Russians with its low prices and excellent service. In March, the weather is quite dry. Humidity is low, the temperature is about 30 degrees, the water warms up to 28 degrees. Beach holidays are comfortable, with a good uniform tan.
It doesn’t matter which part of Bali you go to. Everywhere you will be provided with a quality beach holiday in March due to the good climate. However, we recommend that you pay attention to the height relative to the sea. After all, the higher your resort is in the mountains, the colder it is. In some of the higher points of the island, it is so cold that tourists are forced to wear jackets and hats.
Tours to Bali in March are inexpensive. They are affordable for any person with an average income. In addition to this, you will get plenty of cheap tropical fruits and bright sun, which is so lacking after winter!
Where can you go in March without a visa if you want to not only lie on the beach, but also get a lot of new experiences? You can go to Israel! The country has a rich cultural heritage that will be of interest to everyone.
There are several holiday options in March. You can go at the beginning of the month, when there is no heat yet, but the cold has already receded. This is the best time for tourism for the purpose of sightseeing. And there are a lot of them here! Especially religious ones.
If you are interested in a beach holiday, it is better to plan a trip at the end of March and choose the local resort of Eilat. There is warm water, and the air warms up to 27 degrees. The warmest in March is the Dead Sea. Such a trip will appeal to everyone who travels to Israel to improve their health and tone up.
The trip is not the most budgetary, but you can look for cheap tours and flights with transfers. Sometimes travel agencies offer last-minute tours. Accommodation and meals in March are not very expensive, but you will have to fork out.
If all the countries from the list above did not impress you, we suggest flying to fabulous Cuba! This is where the most impressions are concentrated. It’s hot, fun and unusual here. Ancient architecture is adjacent to local slums, and until recently it was impossible to use the Internet in Cuba. Well, given that you need to get about a day by plane … An ideal place to escape from the bustle of the city!
The climate is excellent. Air warms up to 28 degrees, water – up to 26 degrees. However, at night the temperature can drop significantly, down to 15 degrees. It all depends on the region you are heading to. The heat is easily tolerated by the cool wind.
Check the weather forecast carefully before you travel. In some regions in March there are prolonged rains and strong winds.
Everything in Cuba is geared towards tourists. There are many excursions and entertainment for every taste. Beach holidays are varied and interesting even for those who do not like to lie under the scorching sun. Well, those who love hiking can visit local attractions and ride a retro car.
In Central America there is one small but colorful country – Costa Rica! Everything is simple here: in the country it is either summer or winter. Summer lasts until the end of April, so March is a great time to visit local resorts.
In March there are no winds, rains and high humidity. This is the most comfortable time for a beach holiday. Nature reveals itself in all its glory, so you can enjoy the local tropical scenery. During the day, the air warms up to 30 degrees. At night it does not fall below 20 degrees.
Above average humidity, about 70%. But there is no stuffiness, because the air is fresh. Sometimes there are short-term cool rains that do not interfere with rest. On the contrary, they make it more comfortable.
There are a lot of water activities here. Surfing and diving are especially popular. Recommended to try! As for specific resorts, it is better to go to the Pacific coast. It has warm water and great service. But be prepared to pay a hefty sum. This, of course, is not the Maldives, but prices in Costa Rica are higher than in Turkey or Thailand.
Tourists are offered not only a beach holiday, but also various excursions. They are mainly associated with a trip to the jungle or to local natural attractions. In March, there are several festivals where you can have plenty of fun.
This is not the most popular destination among Russians, and in vain. Mauritius is a picturesque slice of paradise in the Indian Ocean. In March, it is 30 degrees Celsius here, and the water warms up to 28 degrees. It is not cold at night, on average 23-25 degrees Celsius. At the same time, there is no heat and heat here. A great place if you are tired of the cold winter and dream of the sun!
Thanks to the comfortable climate, everyone will enjoy their vacation here, regardless of age. There is no high humidity and scorching sun, which is contraindicated for people with heart disease. You can come to Mauritius with the whole family and not worry about your health.
Holidays at the sea in March are far from being budget friendly. However, you do not have to spend money on vaccinations that travelers usually do when visiting tropical countries. There are no dangerous viruses here, and everything is in order with the environment.
Beach holidays are on top here. The service is excellent, the hotels are comfortable and not cheap. The food is delicious and varied. The singing of tropical birds is often heard on the street, and the smell of the ocean is felt in the air.
Instead of a conclusion
We have told you about the most interesting places to travel without a visa in March. The list includes both low-cost destinations and countries with an average budget or even above average. In the comments below, you can share other visa-free countries that are suitable for holidays in March. Good luck!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]
the best places for a beach holiday
February 28, 2018
March is the first month of spring, but it does not indulge us with special warmth. And frankly, there is no desire to wait until the drops sing. Arrange a real holiday for yourself and your family by purchasing a ticket to heavenly places. Where to go on vacation in March 2020 abroad to go on a beach holiday, surfing, diving?
Tour operators offer many options. Naturally, ticket prices will vary. However, you can always find the solution that is suitable in a particular case. And you will already be able to advise others where it is better to go on vacation in March – to the warm sea in Turkey, Egypt or another country. By the way, do not forget about last-minute tours and special offers. Thanks to them, you will have a real opportunity to go inexpensively to the sea and see the most interesting places.
Where can I go on vacation in March 2020 at sea?
Go to the exclusive countries of the Mediterranean or stay in a five-star hotel on the coast of Turkey, Egypt? There are many places where to go on a family vacation in March. It will be inexpensive to go to the sea even on holidays, for example, on March 8th. You are guaranteed a great mood and a lovely chocolate tan.
It is worth going to the seaside in March to:
- escape from the gray days;
- enjoy exclusive entertainment;
- to go on interesting excursions;
- swim for pleasure, without waiting for the summer;
- devote time to active recreation;
- indulge yourself with sea adventures;
- is a great place to relax with the whole family.
If you are tired of everyday activities, think now where to go to rest in March on the sea. There are many options for couples and for those who like to travel alone. Your choice depends on the allocated budget, personal preferences.
Where to go on vacation at the seaside with children in March 2018
What could be better for a child than a vacation at the seaside. And if it is also spring break, when many children only dream of beaches … Classmates will be jealous, and your child will get healthier and get new impressions. There are many places on Earth where you can go to rest in March on the sea with your child. Before making a choice, look at the weather forecast in early spring, living conditions in hotel rooms in the resort.
The list of countries will be virtually the same as if you were driving yourself. The most popular resorts for families with children are:
- Dominican Republic. It is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Don’t let the long flight scare you. The pleasure received from staying in the Dominican Republic fully compensates for the time spent.
- Egypt. Affordable rest, which attracts thousands of tourists from Russia to the country. Many hotels have promotions for kids. You can count on a special children’s menu, animation entertainment, discos. Rainy weather is rare, so you can count on a rich and varied holiday.
- China. The calm sea and sandy beaches of Hainan are what you need to relax with children, even one-year-olds. You can combine holidays on the sea coast with trips to amazing temples. This is an opportunity to enjoy Eastern philosophy, the atmosphere of ancient civilization.
- United Arab Emirates. You will enjoy the comfortable weather and the sea where you can swim. At the same time, there is no sweltering heat, so in addition to swimming, you can visit water parks, see historical and architectural monuments.
- Tenerife. Quite an expensive pleasure, but for families with children – this is a heavenly place. At the beginning of spring, there are many colorful carnivals and spectacular holidays on the island.
- Thailand. With children, you will explore the underwater kingdom, ride the waves, sunbathe and swim to your heart’s content. Simple visa processing, affordable prices and excellent resorts are the pluses of a holiday in Thailand. The only point to be taken into account is the instability of the political situation.
- Brazil. You can come here not only for a beach holiday with children (even in the first days of March, the sea temperature here is above thirty degrees), but also for an exciting journey through the rainforests, the Amazon.
- Goa. The absence of heat, stuffy nights in early spring makes a trip to India comfortable for traveling with children. Rains are rare, so nothing will interfere with your holiday.
- Vietnam. Visa-free visits, low prices for hotel rooms, wonderful sea and interesting excursions – a real “vitamin” cocktail for your child.
- Cuba. The beginning of spring is accompanied here by dry and comfortable weather. Heavy rains in Cuba are rare. Together with your child, you can enjoy the warm sun and gentle sea, the hospitality of the Cubans.
- Singapore. Experienced travelers will definitely recommend you a trip to this country. At the beginning of spring, wonderful weather reigns here. In addition to the beach, with children you can visit the local amusement park, the zoo, the amazing Bukit Tima reserve area, etc.
Go to the sea in the UAE in March: is it worth it or not?
If you want to relax on the sea in March, the United Arab Emirates will be an excellent choice. However, keep in mind that the weather at the end and beginning of the month will be significantly different. It is better to go to the sea in March after the 20th, when it is hot on the coast. 27-30 degrees of heat in the daytime can be observed on the thermometers in Fujairah and Dubai. At night it rarely gets colder than twenty degrees. Do you want to have a great rest in March by the sea? Then you are definitely in the UAE!
By the way, it is at the beginning of spring that the shopping festival starts in Abu Dhabi. You can skimp abroad for little money, buy imported items for yourself and loved ones at an affordable price. A trip to this country will be interesting for family people (you will find many places where you can have fun with your child).
South-East Asia: where to go
Thai and Vietnamese resorts are in the greatest demand among tourists in South-East Asia.
While spring has arrived in Russia only according to the calendar, the hot season has already begun in Thailand. It is felt by an increase in day and night temperatures. The beaches of Koh Phangan, Koh Samui, Hua Hin and Pattaya are washed by the warm South China Sea. And the shores of Krabi and Phuket are Andaman. The weather forecast for early spring 2020 will please: no rain, bright spring sun and water temperature +29-30°C.
In March, with a child, you can visit here under the action. It’s really cheap to book a hotel room. There are still few tourists here. Want to save even more? Then you should choose less popular resorts, such as Koh Changa, Koh Samet and others.
Thailand is one of those countries where to go to relax in March at the sea. Here, abroad, it will be good for the whole family. In addition to swimming, you can entertain yourself and your loved ones by visiting festivals, fairs, and various sales. Fresh exotic fruits are sold here on every corner, so you can perfectly fortify.
If you decide to come to Thailand in March with a child, consider the following nuances:
- Poor quality water. Drinking “from the tap” is definitely not worth it.
- Kitchen for an amateur. Not everyone will like what the Thais cook.
- Humidity and heat increase towards the end of the first spring month.
In search of countries where you can go to rest by the sea in March, one of the first places is Vietnam. It is here that the most popular resorts of Phan Thiet and Nha Trang are located. It is here that it is almost always warm, and clean and cozy sandy beaches are scattered along the coastline. Food is inexpensive in Ho Chi Minh City, and a trip to Laos will be a real adventure.
The Caribbean region will also offer tourists wonderful resorts, where you will enjoy the colorful environment, azure sea water and pristine sandy beaches. They are:
- Mexico . “Where to go to rest in March 2020 at sea, where to go …” – this question does not leave you? Visit the famous Mexican resort of Cancun. It’s worth the twelve hour flight. There is a quiet area, which is optimal for relaxing with kids. There are also places to relax with numerous cafes, bars and discos. Cancun is within easy reach of the popular architectural monument of Chichen Itza. An incendiary place where you should go to relax by the sea in March is Playa del Carmen. Here life never stops. At the resort you can swim with dolphins, spend holidays on catamarans, go fishing and snorkeling. Mexico is washed by the gentle waters of the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. It guarantees the most beach holiday. Divers, adventurous surfers, fishing enthusiasts and seekers of real treasures will find themselves here. It’s just a paradise for travelers. The presence of budget and, conversely, luxury hotels is a huge plus for resorts in Mexico.
- Cuba . The beaches here are free, so you will have the opportunity to save money on buying gifts for loved ones. Varadero, where you can go on vacation in March 2020 abroad to the sea, will please you with a clear sea and a beach strewn with clean sand. There are places for both family vacations and entertainment for a noisy company. Territories belonging to hotels are strictly protected. You don’t have to pay for sunbeds and zones. Lovers will be delighted with Guardalavak. The atmosphere at this resort is very romantic. This is what you need for tete-a-tete. Love everything exclusive? Then you are on Cayo Coco. There is an atmosphere of seclusion here.
- Dominican Republic. You can afford to lie on the coast in the Dominican Republic, take memorable photos and get a bronze tan. At sea in March it is worth getting to Boca Chica. Compared to the “competitors” here a couple of degrees of heat more. In the style of “bounty” here you can find the beaches in Punta Cana. Ideal conditions for diving, snorkeling, hundreds of cocktails, fragrant cigars – this is the best for tourists. Puerto Plata is famous for its comfortable hotels with excellent tourist infrastructure. Here, on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, there is always a place for lovers of outdoor activities. Vibrant nightlife reigns in Las Terrenas and the Samana Peninsula. As soon as the sun goes to bed, hundreds of night bars and clubs open their doors here. The youth will find where to break away. The Dominican Republic has a tropical climate. It is rarely colder than 25 degrees here even in winter.
Where can you go on holiday in Europe?
Most travelers find that Europe’s beach resorts have nothing to do in early spring. And in many ways they are right. In March, the temperature here is not so hot, the water and air are cool in spring. But there is one place where the friendly sun shines all year round and the sea waves caress the shore. This is the Canary Islands. In March-April, the temperature here is about 22-23 degrees Celsius. The water is also warm enough to swim.
Although if you are thinking about where to go on vacation in March with your child to the sea, it is better to visit the Canary Islands a little later. At the end of spring it is already very warm here. March holidays for children in the Canary Islands will not be so comfortable. For adults, though, it’s a great option. Spring weather reigns in Tenerife, but it is more pleasant than in Moscow. That is why tourists from Russia prefer to spend time on a fabulous island, and not in a dusty metropolis. A nice bonus will be a lot of local attractions that you can see in your free time.
Egyptian resorts in early spring
Exhausting heat, which is inherent in the country of the pharaohs, will not interfere with your vacation abroad. You can not only splash in the sea, but also see local attractions.
Choosing Egypt for a beach holiday, you can relax in March for a penny. The “high season” has not yet begun, and hotel rooms are three times lower than in summer.
The water in the sea is usually not higher than 20-22 degrees, which is quite suitable for swimming. Although in good hotels in Egypt, heated pools are provided for force majeure situations. Where to go to rest? It is best to swim on the coast of Hadaba and Naama.
Rest on the sea: to India or to the islands?
Tourists in Goa will definitely like it. Here you can relax in March for little money, since the “high season” is not open yet. The average temperature is 30-31 degrees, water – up to twenty-eight plus. Comfortable for swimming! In addition, you can see the local beauty and visit the most popular attractions.
Remember that a trip to India is a dramatic change. While you are at home, you have to wrap yourself in a coat and wear boots, and when you move to Goa, you can walk around in a summer outfit and bask on a warm beach. If you are chasing record heat, you already know where to go on vacation in March 2020 abroad. The contrast of heat and fresh breeze is what makes your stay in Goa remarkable. You will remember it for its tranquility, measured life and impeccable service.
Places where you can go on vacation in March 2020 abroad at any time are exotic islands. On distant shores there is always a warm summer. The Seychelles and the Maldives beckon with their gentle sun, gentle sea breeze, and white sand. Life here is amazing, completely different from the dullness of everyday life. Although it is quite expensive to take suitcases and go to any of these islands in March.
The best place to go on vacation in March is the sea in China. The best resort in China is Hainan Island. This is a true epitome of luxury. Only those Russians who have a visa can touch it. You can get it on the spot or at the embassy.
Once on the island, spend a few days visiting excursions. There are many attractions in Hainan.