Padi canary islands: Diving in the Canary Islands
PADI Courses Gran Canaria – Diver Training by PADI Elite Instructors
You can have lots of fun while gaining an
internationally recognised diving qualification with us while you visit the Canaries. Our team is made up of
experienced Dive instructors who can explain things patiently,
correct mistakes positively and help you gain the self-confidence
and ability to required to gain your card. Even if you have never
dived before you can leave us with a unique passport to fun and
adventure – a recognised diving certification from PADI (The
Professional Association of Diving Instructors). If you want to learn to dive in Gran
Canaria then the best place is undoubtedly the Arinaga Marine
Reserve, because here you can experience the joy of taking your
diving course in an area rich in amazing marine life and variety.
We pride ourselves in adding more to your diving course
… more fun, more marine life, more support and more
explanation, so that as you learn to dive with us you get the
benefits of our experience, and our mature and safety based
approach to scuba diving. This dedication to teaching skills
resulted in us being awarded not one, but two PADI
Certificates of Recognition of Excellence.
- All diving courses are in small groups of up to 4
- We work hard to make sure you get
the best learning experience on Gran Canaria -It’s your
course, not ours!
Licenced by the Canarian Government to offer Scuba Diving
- The only PADI 5 Star Diving Centre on Gran Canaria’s
- All your open water training dives will be completed in the
El Cabrón Marine Reserve, where you may see rays, angel sharks,
trumpetfish, cuttlefish, octopus and much more.
- Courses held in English, German, Spanish and Dutch and
- All equipment is included in the price of introductory diving
- All transfers to the diving school included from your hotel
in Maspalomas, Playa del Ingles, Sonnenland, San Agustin,
Vecindario, Agüimes, Meloneras, Bahia Feliz, El Tablero.
- Diving courses held all year round – temperatures never
drop below 18C in the water!
- Free Tea or Coffee throughout your diving course!
Remember our FLEXI-BOOK offers!
NO Deposit, Cancellation or Change fees!
Here are a small selection of divers who successfully
completed their scuba diving training courses with Davy Jones
Diving School in Gran Canaria.
Now pick your diving course!
We run a range of scuba diving courses to suit every
requirement, from introductory up to advanced qualifications.
Find the diving course you are interested in from the table
below and click on the name to get comprehensive details of how
we run that course, and what we add to make sure you get the
best learning experience in Gran Canaria.
Introductory diving courses
Have some fun trying scuba diving for the first time, and
discover the beauty of our marine reserve.
- Discover Scuba Excursion
Gain a qualification to dive the world from Australia to
- PADI Scuba Diver
PADI Open Water Diver
Build yourself up to the next level of diving skills and start enjoying
more adventurous diving:
- PADI Advanced Open Water
- PADI Rescue Diver
- PADI Divemaster Course
- BSAC Sports Diver
- BSAC Dive Leader Course
Students aged between ten and fourteen can take the
following PADI Courses in Gran Canaria.
- PADI Junior Scuba Diver
- PADI Junior Open Water Diver
- PADI Junior Advanced Open Water
More about Junior PADI
Other Diving Courses
Take a special course to meet a more personal or tailored
- Enriched Air NITROX (EANx) Course
- PADI Digital Underwater Photography Course
- Refresher Course
– experience dives
- PADI Referrals / Course
- BSAC Qualification Dives
- PADI Emergency First Response (EFR) course
- PADI Deep Diving Speciality Course
- PADI Wreck Diving Speciality Course
- PADI Boat Diving Speciality Course
- PADI Underwater Videographer Speciality Course
- PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Speciality Course
- PADI Project AWARE Specialist
- PADI Search and Recovery Diver
- PADI Multilevel Diver
- PADI AWARE – Fish Identification Diver
- PADI Oxygen Provider Speciality Course
- PADI Shark Awareness Speciality Course
- PADI Dry-Suit Diver Course
- PADI Drift Diver Course
- PADI Underwater Navigator
us for more details if you are interested in these
There are few experiences that can compare with the thrill of
your first dive. The mixture of emotions, the new environment,
and the feeling of weightlessness all combine to make this
unforgettable experience. We make it even more special by
holding this dive course among the colourful and plentiful fish
life in the el Cabrón marine reserve, to make your first dive a
special memory. With modern scuba equipment and our careful
support and preparation, you can safely Dive Today in
shallow waters and yet still see some of the fabulous variety
on show in the Cabrón Marine Reserve.
Our day course starts with an extended introductory briefing to
help calm any fears, and a special introduction to the marine
life you will meet. We also have a photographer with you in the
water so you can get a DVD which records how you took your
first steps towards learning to dive in Gran Canaria.
Look at our
guest book to see what people have said about their first
dive in the Marine Reserve with Davy Jones Diving
Safety is always our primary concern, and we help you explore
the bay with no more than two students per instructor.
Your first pleasure dive will be in Discovery Bay in the Cabrón
Marine Reserve after your briefing in our dive centre. Here you
can expect to see and get close to slow moving creatures such
as sea cucumbers, colourful sea urchins and anemones; as well
as colourful fish such as the Turkish Wrasse, Damselfish and
Parrotfish. If you are really lucky you may see some of the
incredibly delicate and beautiful spider crabs, or a friendly
octopus or cuttlefish.
Thank you for a great time – finally got my long time
wanted open water certificate – 4 days of Joy. Especially I
would like to thank Brian and Annette for making this
possible. You are very calm and easy both of you – and it
feels safe diving with you.
MHJ – From: Denmark
The gently sloping bottom, protection from strong currents and
good marine life make this an excellent and safe place to make
your unforgettable first dive in the sea. The sub-tropical
waters around Gran Canaria are ideal for diving courses as the
temperature rarely drops below 18C!
When you have completed your dive you can join us on a ‘double
bubble’ for further shallow water dives under the strict
supervision and support of one of our qualified instructors.
You can also use this first stage as a ‘credit’ towards your
Independent qualification course if it is taken with Davy Jones
To gain an ‘independent’ qualification which allows you to dive
safely and confidently and to have lots of fun in warm waters
without needing an instructor takes a little longer; but our
diving courses covers a greater range of skills and experience
to prepare you for a whole range of exciting diving experiences
whether in Gran Canaria or the Red Sea.
The time you spend will really prepare you well for the fun and
excitement that scuba diving brings. Our instructor will safely
teach you all the basics of diving in sessions at your hotel
pool, followed by four or five open water dives in the marine
reserve where you get the chance to put all the skills together
as you master the arts of scuba diving.
When you have completed your course you will be comfortable
with your diving equipment, and you will develop the knowledge
and skills necessary for safe yet fun sea diving. Through the
pool sessions and sea dives you will progressively build your
knowledge, skill and confidence so that you can be finally
awarded either your PADI Open Water Diver Certification.
With either qualification you can dive the world! They are both
recognised universally, and will open the doors to a treasure
trove of more advanced dive destinations and sites both here in
the Cabrón Marine Reserve, in other parts of the Canaries or
Spain, and around the world.
If you have already completed your entry level diving course
then you can develop your skills further with the
PADI Advanced Open Water qualification).
Both courses develop a wider range of skills to cope with more
challenging dives, and so we explore deeper parts of the
reserve on these courses
Remember our FLEXI-BOOK offers!
NO Deposit, Cancellation or Change fees!
Discover more secrets of the best diving in Gran Canaria
not to miss
in El Cabrón
Davy Jones Diving
Best dive routes
in El Cabrón
PADI Open Water
in Gran Canaria
PADI & CMAS Divecenter in Puerto Naos
Your CMAS & PADI Divecenter in Puerto Naos
Welcome to Tauchpartner La Palma
Discover with us the subtropical volcanic dive sites of the island of La Palma on the 28th latitude.
Above water, the “green pearl of the Canaries” offers plenty of nature and a wide range of activities. The island has retained its originality and has so far been spared from mass tourism.We have year-round diving.
Diving on La Palma
Numerous volcanic eruptions in the history of La Palma formed one of the most spectacular underwater landscapes in the world: Bizarre lava formations, steep walls, basalt arches and canyons, which can be seen in the clear Atlantic waters form the backdrop of the dives.The warm Atlantic Ocean between 19° C and 26° C surprises with its subtropical to tropical fauna and visibility of up to 40m. The dive sites are located on the entire southern half of the island and are only slightly dived.
Directly in front of the base on the west coast is the house reef of Tauchpartner La Palma, which offers for everyone – from the beginner to the professional – exciting dives. We arrange small diving groups individually according to the wishes, interests and skills of divers. At the same time, photographers also get their money’s worth, because Georg takes photographs himself with passion and leads his proteges to the highlights of the marine worlds off La Palma. The biologist MC offers courses on the marine biology of the East Atlantic on request. The courses can be certified according to the guidelines of the VDST and other associations. Highlights: Combined dive tours with large boats, such as The historic crab cutter MS Bussard and individual single and multi-day trips with a sailing catamaran.
Our dive center
The modern and generously equipped diving center of La Palma is located directly on the beach promenade in the small tourist town Puerto Naos with the most beautiful beach on the sunny west side of the island. The 170m² diving center includes training room, shop, workshop, storage area for rental and private diving equipment and a section for debriefings.
Georg, Barbara, the instructors and the other team guarantee a personal ambience, individual service and a well-founded diving education from the beginner to the instructor (PADI and CMAS). Of course, we also guess trained divers and gladly show you the underwater world and -Fauna of the East-Atlantic before La Palma. Our house reef is at the same time a very attractive dive site with depths for each training level and the entrance is only 50m from the base. Compressors from Bauer guarantee best air quality.
Accomodation on La Palma
In Puerto Naos and surroundings, the Melia Hotel Sol La Palma (400m from the base), as well as apartment houses and facilities, offer accommodation possibilities for every need. The diving base is located in the building of the renowned apartment house Playa Delfin, whose domiciles all offer a magnificent sea view. These apartments are bookable directly through the diving school or even partially through tour operators.
The island of La Palma
La Palma – the wild and green island of the Canaries – has been spared by mass tourism. In 2017, the Isla Bonita still shows its originality. At the birth of La Palma from volcanoes, unique landscapes formed both above and below water. In the west and south of the island are spectacular submarine mountains and lava caves, created during the eruptions of San Juan 1949 and Teneguía 1971 – an Eldorado for diving! But also on land, the island offers numerous sports and leisure opportunities. The price level on the island is still low compared to other Canary Islands. La Palma is the only one of the small Canary Islands with an international airport. This means that the island can be reached with different airlinesdirectly from different countries of europe in about 4.5 hours
La Palma Westcoast
We look forward to your visitBarbara, Georg and Team
We are a member of the following instructors’ associations:
© 2017 Tauchpartner La Palma sl.
PADI IDC Instructor Courses | Lanzarote
Select categoryDiving for childrenDiving coursesSpecial coursesProfessional courses
Are you looking for something extraordinary? Do you want to do what others only dream of? Do you want to help people change their lives? All this and more awaits you as a PADI Instructor. During the PADI IDC course at Delphinus Dive Club, you will receive all the necessary knowledge and skills not only to successfully pass the instructor exam and obtain a diving instructor certificate, but also to start a new profession with confidence.
Who is this course for?
To take the IDC course, you must:
be a current PADI Divemaster and/or Assistant Instructor, or equivalent diver certifying organization;
reach the age of 18;
be in good physical shape for diving and provide a medical certificate signed by a doctor; nine0013 be at least 6 months old from the date of obtaining an Open Water Diver certification or equivalent;
have completed and registered at least 60 open water dives, including night dives, deep dives, underwater orienteering, and have at least 100 logged dives prior to the start of the examination;
be an active EFR instructor (included in the IDC course).
What aspects does the training include?
- At the instructor course, candidates
- learn how to properly lecture and make presentations
- conduct pool and open water classes
- learn the basic standards and procedures of the PADI training system
- learn the intricacies of the diving business
90.23 gain useful knowledge
How to enroll in a course?
Write to us at [email protected] to sign up for the course and get more information
Book online and get 10% discount
Diving Center Mermaid Diving (Tenerife, Spain)
nine0004 Rate this post
- Address: Mermaid Diving Terrazas De La Paz 113B Golf Del Sur San Miguel de Abona 38639 Tenerife Canary Islands
- Phone: (0034) 922 738 031, (0034) 679 392 276
- Website: http://mermaiddiving. co/#_=_
- Email: [email protected]
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MermaidDivingTenerife
- twitter: https://twitter.com/Mermaid_Diving
- linkedin: http://es.linkedin.com/in/mermaiddiving
- 1 List of services and prices for them:
- 1.1 Continuing education
- 1.2 Recreational dive packets
- 1.3 Courses in Padi
- 1.4 Children’s diving
- 1.5 Electronic training courses Padi:
- 2.1 Shore dives
- 2.2 By boat
- 4.1 Hotels near the dive center:
- 4.2 Recommended:
23 2 Dive sites with names:
List of services and prices for them:
- DISCOVER SCUB DIVING (1 DIVE) – 90.00€
- DISCOVER SCUB DIVING (2 DIVES) – 120.00€
- PADI SCUB DIVER – 242.00€
- PADI OPEN SEA DIVING COURSE – €370.00
- PADI SCUBA COMMENT – 42.00€
- PADI ADVENTURE DIVER COURSE – €210. 00
- PADI ADVANCED OFF-SEA DIVING COURSE – €280.00
- PADI DIVER RESCUE COURSE – 330,00€
- FIRST AID – 110.00€
- PADI MASTER SCUBA
Recreational Dive Packages
- Snorkeling – 32.00€
- 2 RECREATION DIVES €74.00
- 4 RECREATION DIVES – 137.00€
- 6 RECREATION DIVES – €189.00
- 8 RECREATION DIVES – 242.00€
- 10 RECREATION DIVES – 294.00€
- NIGHT DIVE SUPPLEMENT – 15.00€
- PADI COURSE PEAK BUOYANCY – €168.00
- PADI DEEP DIVING COURSE – €252.00
- REC DIVING PADI SPECIALTY – €252.00
- NIGHT PADI SPECIALTY DIVING – €252.00
- PADI DRIFT DIVING SPECIALTY – 168.00€
- PROJECT AWARE FISH IDENTIFICATION SPECIALTY – 168,00€
- PADI NAVIGATION UNDERWATER COURSE – 189.00€
- COURSE DIGITAL UNDERWATER PHOTOGRAPHY PADI – 168,00€
- PADI DIVER SEARCH AND RECOVERY – €252. 00
- PADI DIVING BOAT SPECIALTY COURSE – 168.00€
- PROJECT PADI AVAILABLE SPECIAL COURSE – 110,00€
- COURSE EMERGENCY SUPPLIER OF PADI OXYGEN – 110,00€
- ENRICHED AIR NITROX PADI COURSE – 110,00€
- PADI BUBBLEMAKER PROGRAM (8 YEARS+) 25.00€
- PROGRAM TEAM PADI SEAL ( 8 YEARS+)75,00€
- PADI SCUBA DIVER (10 YEARS+)120,00€
- PADI JUNIOR SCUBA Diver (10 YEARS+)240,00€
- JUNIOR PADI OPEN WATER DIVER (10 – 14 YEARS) 370,00€
- PADI JUNIOR OPEN WATER (12 – 14 YEARS)€280.00
- PADI JUNIOR RESCUE DIVER (12-14 YEARS)330,00€
- PADI JUNIOR MASTER SCUB DIVER (12 – 14 YEARS)
PADI eLearning Courses:
- PADI Offshore Diver Course Online €138
- PADI Course Advanced Offshore Diver Course Online €129
- PADI Nitrox Course Online €195
- Diving Theories €103
- Padi Digital Underwater Photographer Course Online €135
- PADI Dive Master Online €183
- online padi rescue course €135
Named dive sites:
- Abades Bay
- Abades Beach
- El Puertito
- Las Eras
- Las Eras Pipeline
- Playa Negra-Cylinder-Anemone
- Punta Prieta
- Alien Rock
- Black Cove
- Crocodile Rock
- El Condesito
- El Delfin
- Los Archos
- Los Chuchos
- Montana Amarilla
- The Moon Pools
- Nelsons Point
- Pequeno Valle
- Poco Naufragio
- Punta Rasca
- Starfish Bay
- Yellow Mountain Point
Mermaid Diving is described on the independent portal tripadvisor®, read reviews, see ratings: https://www.